The National Food Service Management Institute offers free training on a wide range of topics for child nutrition program professionals working in school nutrition and child care settings. To learn more about each of the topics currently available, click on the links below to view and explore the training materials.
To request training, just follow the guidelines below. When you know your topic, date, and location Apply Now(red block)to access the online NFSMI Training Request Form.
Training Sessions Offered
Who can request training?
- State Agencies Administering Child Nutrition Programs
- USDA Regional Offices
- School Nutrition Association and State Affiliates
- CACFP Sponsors
- Allied Organizations (such as ASBO)
How do I schedule training?
- Click on Apply Now to access the Training Request Form, enter information, and press Submit. If your request is successfully transmitted, you will receive an electronic reply. If you do not receive a reply or if you have questions, please contact NFSMI at 1-800-321-3054.
What happens next?
After you complete your request and response will be sent to you. If your request is approved, an NFSMI Training Coordinator will work with you to plan the training.
Three Things to Remember:
- NFSMI requires at least 8-10 weeks' advance notice before the training date to schedule and plan a training session.
- NFSMI Consultant Trainers must train a minimum of 4 hours in a single day.
- A minimum of 25-30 participants is required for NFSMI to provide a training session.
For more information about training opportunities available through NFSMI, contact the NFSMI Training Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-321-3054.