NFSMI and Team Nutrition Training
The National Food Service Management Institute (NFSMI) offers training on a wide range of topics for child nutrition program professionals working in school nutrition and child care settings.
Training Sessions Offered
Who can request training?
- State Agencies administering the Child Nutrition Program
- USDA Regional offices
- School Nutrition Association state affiliates
- CACFP sponsor
How is training funded?
- NFSMI funding
- Team Nutrition funding through NFSMI
- Organization making the request
How do I schedule training?
Complete and submit the Training Request Form. Once NFSMI receives the training request, a training team member will contact you to discuss your needs and how the Institute can assist you. Please email the completed form using the embedded email feature, or attach it yourself and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also fax it to 1-800-321-3061, or mail to:
Attn: Beverly Cross
6 Jeanette Phillips Drive
University, MS 38677
If you are not a state agency employee, please contact your state child nutrition program office for assistance in requesting NFSMI training.
NFSMI requires at least eight weeks' notice to schedule a training session.
Where can I receive training?
- The National Food Service Management Institute hosts workshops and seminars at our headquarters at The University of Mississippi in Oxford and around the country.
- The Institute conducts pre-conference sessions, education sessions, and other presentations at state agency meetings and national association meetings around the country.
For more information about training opportunities available through NFSMI, contact the NFSMI Training Team at email@example.com or call 1-800-321-3054.