On the Road to Professional Food Preparation
The food service assistant is a key player in achieving the nutritional, educational, and financial goals of the child nutrition program. The Breakfast Lunch Training (BLT) resource On the Road to Professional Food Preparation focuses on basic skills needed to produce high quality foods for the child nutrition program including child care programs.
The goals of this training are to help food service assistants and child care providers
- Understand the importance of following the recipe,
- Recognize the importance of weighing and measuring ingredients,
- Identify correct procedures for weighing and measuring,
- Recognize the importance of portion control,
- Identify correct methods for portioning food, and
- Adjust the yield of recipes.
On the Road to Professional Food Preparation, 2nd Edition
Click on the named link to register.