Welcome to the Food Allergy Resources Landing Page
Food Allergy Fact Sheets
Managing Food Allergies in Schools - training resources
Managing Food Allergies in Schools - video
Managing Food Allergies in Child Care Centers - video
schools.allergyhome.org - Food Allergy Tools for Schools - from Dr. John Lee and Dr. Michael Pistiner, pediatric allergists.
CDC Food Allergies in Schools Information
Food Allergy Research and Education (FARE) - http://www.foodallergy.org/section/helpful-information
Safe at School and Ready to Learn: a Comprehensive Policy Guide for Protecting Students with Life-Threatening Food Allergies - from National School Boards Association (NSBA)
School Nutrition Foundation Food Allergy Resource Center:
School Nutrition University
The Food Allergy Management course is designed to assist school nutrition professions in preparing for and appropriately serving students with allergies. This course will help professionals:
- Understand the need for a food allergy policy, a food allergy plan, training, and swift action in response to symptoms of an allergic reaction.
- Understand the federal laws that affect how schools manage life-threatening food allergies, the USDA Guidance for School Food Authority regarding food allergies, tools to use at school, and students' rights and responsibilities under the laws.
- Know how to read ingredient labels to identify allergens.
- Understand the need for standard operating procedures to prevent cross contact of foods and surfaces with known food allergens, and the difference between cross contact and cross contamination.
- Know the cleaning procedures for eliminating allergen residue from hands, cafeteria surfaces, and kitchen equipment.
This course is offered at no charge and is available in Spanish as well.
Archived Webinar Wednesday
Teamwork is Key to Successful Food Allergy Management in Schools
Webinar Wednesday/USDA Food Allergy series