This webinar identifies resources to assist in planning successful salad bars that contribute to reimbursable meals in school nutrition programs.
Food safety standards that are critical to the success of a salad bar option are presented and secrets of financial planning to efficiently use salad bars in school nutrition programs are shared.
Original airdate: December 8, 2011.
- Jean Ronnei, Director, Nutrition & Custodial Services, Saint Paul Public Schools
- Jessica Shelly, Director of Food Services, Cincinnati Public Schools
- Doug Davis, Director of Food Services, City of Burlington, Vermont Public Schools
- Diane Harris, Center for Disease Control & Prevention, Division of Nutrition Physical and Obesity
- Amy Casteel, School Meals Specialist, NFSMI
Video - Flash version
Use this Flash version to view online in streaming video. View or DownloadVideo - Windows Media Video Format
Download this WMV version and save to your computer by right-clicking on the link.View or DownloadHow to Grow a Salad Bar & Afford Expansion
Jean Ronnei, SNS. Director, Nutrition and Custodial Services. Saint Paul Public Schools. Presentation. View or DownloadSalad Bars in Cincinnati Public Schools
Jessica Shelly, Director of Food Services, Cincinnati Public Schools. Presentation. View or DownloadBurlington School Food Project: Farm 2 School
Doug Davis, Director of Food Services, City of Burlington, Vermont Public Schools. Presentation. View or DownloadLet’s Move Salad Bars to Schools
Diane Harris, Ph.D., M.P.H., C.H.E.S., Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Division of Nutrition, Physical Activity and Obesity. Presentation. View or DownloadNFSMI Resources
Amy Casteel, School Meals Specialist, NFSMI. Presentation. View or Download