Whole Grains in Child Nutrition Programs consists of a trainer's manual and participant's manual and is designed to familiarize participants with identifying whole grains and learning how to incorporate more whole grains into their school menus.
The six lessons consist of:
- Identifying Whole Grains
- Identifying Whole-Grain Products
- Planning to Use Whole Grains in Child Nutrition Programs
- Purchasing Whole Grain Ingredients and Menu Items
- Marketing Whole-Grain Products in Schools
- Adjusting Recipes to Include More Whole Grains